Call Us:  01282 682 272

Student Union President wins award.

The President of Thomas Whitham Sixth Form’s Student Union, Sana Khan, has been presented with a prestigious award from The Lancashire BME Network. At their annual celebration and dinner event in Accrington, Sana won the Community Champion Award, for the work she has been doing to promote community cohesion and integration.

The organisation recognised her selflessness in volunteering to work with young people at weekends and in the evenings across the region, as part of the team delivering the Positive Prospects programme. This work involves working to raise the awareness of issues surrounding alcohol and drug usage among young people and aims to promote healthier lifestyles and choices.

“I was shocked and pleasantly surprised to receive the award”, said Sana. “I also feel very proud. It is an honour, as a young person, to be recognised for taking part in volunteering work.  After I leave Thomas Whitham Sixth form, my aim is to continue to volunteer as a part of my way of contributing to society”.

17th November 2017

0 responses on "Student Union President wins award."

Leave a Message

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

© 2018 Thomas Whitham Sixth Form. Designed by 2br Creates