Inspire, Invest and Nurture
Our vision and values are at the core of everything we do. They underpin our teaching and learning, and provide an environment which prepares our students as confident, lifelong learners who are independent and resilient.
- To provide a FOCUSED, BROAD and BALANCED curriculum that is INCLUSIVE and ACCESSIBLE to all students
- Offers a curriculum that has a BREADTH of choice
- That we Inspire LIFELONG LEARNERS
- That we provide opportunities for all students to develop a high level of literacy and numeracy required for success in adult life
- That we EQUIP our students with the skills required for their future
- That we ensure that students are ENGAGED and CHALLENGED by what they are taught in order to develop their knowledge and understanding
- That we ensure our curriculum choices and design reflect the social and cultural background of our students and the wider community which we serve
- CHALLENGES our teachers to keep developing their practice and knowledge
- That we broaden students’ horizons through the PERSONAL DEVELOPMENT PROGRAMME, a range of spiritual, moral, social and cultural opportunities
- That we INFORMS students of their future choices and helps support them to reach their aims
- Provide everyone with the OPPORTUNITY to achieve
- A sixth Form that models PROFESSIONALISM
We are a student centred Sixth Form with a core purpose of inspiring a lifelong love of learning, through a partnership of Governors, Staff, Students and Parents. We will challenge our students to become more than they ever thought possible and to nurture them to grow and develop as independent and resilient individuals.
- We aspire to be a place of learning, specialising in academic qualifications, in which both students and staff thrive and are inspired to develop and grow, actively seeking out new challenges and supporting each other to do so.
- We aspire to maintain consistently high professional and educational standards, expecting the very best from every member of our community and not accepting any less.
To ensure that we have a curriculum offer that best serves the requirements of further education and employment.
To further develop our monitoring and intervention systems in order to achieve better than expected student progress.
To strengthen the brand image of the Sixth Form so as to remain competitive within the local post 16 offer and to engage potential feeder schools early in events that we have to offer for the year ahead both on a whole school and subject level.
Continue to manage finances efficiently within the constraints that we have and find new efficiencies whilst time is given to grow numbers of students applying and attending the Sixth Form.
To further engage our stakeholders in the work of the Sixth Form and the progress of students through improved communication systems and a distributed leadership model.
To continue to create an environment conducive to our vision of being a small and inclusive School Sixth Form.